These Terms of Service (“Terms”) constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you” or “user”), and Sanam.
All Terms in this Agreement are applicable to Sanam’s Service (“Service”) made available through the website (www.sanam-app.com), mobile application, and/or other media. The user agrees that access and use of the Service is subject to the following Terms.
List of Terms
- Applicability of Terms
- Purpose of Use
- Scope of Service
- Terms of Registration
- Trial Period
- User Rights
- User Obligations
- General Responsibilities and Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Third-Party Websites and Content
- Account Suspension, Inactivation, and Cancellation
- Liability and Indemnification
- Amendments and Updates
- Notification of Breach
- Complaint Submission and Processing
- Governing Law
- Contact Us
- Sanam: it refers to the business entity including the website (sanam-app.com), mobile application, and other media held and run by the business.
- Pronouns such as “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Sanam.
- Pronouns such “you” and “your” refer to the user of Sanam’s Services.
- The word “user” refers to the user of Sanam’s Services.
- Service: whether used in a singular or plural form, it refers to all the tools, features, solutions, incentives, offers, deals, content, and knowledge provided to the user through Sanam.
- Terms: it refers to the laws, policies, regulations, and conditions set out in this Agreement.
- Service Provider: any third-party organization that works with Sanam to supply essential elements of Sanam’s Services.
- Applicability of Terms
- These Terms are applicable to anyone who visits our website, signs up/registers with us, downloads our mobile app, and/or uses our Services.
- These Terms are valid as soon as the user accesses the website, signs up/registers with us, downloads the mobile app, and/or uses our Services.
- These Terms will remain valid even after the termination of the user’s account/membership.
- The user agrees on, and commits to, obeying these Terms immediately.
- Purpose of Use:
- Sanam is an electronic platform enabling individuals to manage their finances and increase their savings. Therefore, the main purpose of using our Services is personal financial management.
- The user does not have the right to use the Services for other purposes.
- Scope of Service:
Sanam is a fintech company providing personal financial management (PFM) services through its website and mobile application, which allow the user to track and manage finances.
Our Services include:
- Providing insights into financial behavior to help the user identify where s/he spends the most and where they can save money. This is through linking your bank account/s, credit card/s and e-wallets with your Sanam Account to help you track and categorize your purchases automatically.
- Providing PFM tools to help the user manage their finances effectively. PFM tools include budget allocation ( grocery, travel, and fuel budgets …etc.), savings goals setting such as for buying a car or preparing for a wedding, and bill tracking.
- Providing the user with good deals and offers (discounts/vouchers/coupons) to help you save money and reward you for achieving savings goals.
- Terms of Registration
- To access and use our Services, the user should:
- be 18 years old or older
- legally able to, and capable for, making financial decisions
- use their own bank accounts, credit cards, e-wallets, and/or financial sources.
- Provide us with accurate and up-to-date personal information.
- Sanam has the right to refuse, suspend, and/or cancel any registered user account at any time once we observe, sense, or notice any illegal or unethical activity.
- Once the user provides inaccurate, incomplete, or imprecise information, Sanam has the right to investigate and conduct further research on the user account to ensure the security and integrity of the activities conducted on Sanam.
- Once the registration is complete, the user’s account/membership will remain valid until indicated by Sanam.
- The user’s activated account/membership is subject to cancellation, suspension, be held inactive, and/or termination upon the Terms in this Agreement.
- Once registered with Sanam, you agree to keep your login details (e.g. password) confidential and you will be responsible for all actions and activities in your account.
- We reserve the right to remove, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise unpleasant.
- The Testing Period:
Because ensuring the best and safest user experience is on the top of our priorities, we decided to challenge our mobile application and test it in a government-controlled testing environment. Our beta-test version of the mobile application will be fully reviewed and tested in the Regulatory Sandbox under the direct supervision of the Saudi Central Bank (also known as Saudi Arabia Monetary Authority, SAMA) to certify the regulation and functionality of Sanam. During the testing period, Sanam and its users will be bound by the Regulatory Sandbox Framework (click here to review).
If you access or use our Services via the beta-test version of the mobile application or website, then you agree that:
- you fully understand that this only a beta-test version which may have limited features and capabilities;
- we grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use this version on wireless electronic devices owned or controlled by you;
- Sanam does not guarantee or promise any certain outcome or result from using the Service;
- registering with Sanam to try the beta-test version of the mobile application does not mean that Sanam is obligated to grant you access to it.
- Fees and Charges:
Sanam may offer a free trial of the Service. Within the free trial period, you may experience and use our Services. You will be asked to fill in your payment details; you can cancel your Subscription and/or order at any time before the next billing schedule or the payment due date/time.
Certain types of User Plans or Services are subject to Fees (“Fees”). The terms and amounts applicable to Fees are available on the Sanam’s website. Amounts are stated in SAR and are inclusive of applicable taxes. Fees may change from time to time. We will notify you of changes by email to your last known email address at least 30 days before the changes come into effect.
Fees are non-refundable except as expressly provided in these Terms. We will not commence providing you with access to a fee paying User Plan or Service until your initial Fee is received by us in full. Applicable Fees must be paid in accordance with the Terms in order to maintain your User Plan and/or use the Service.
- User Rights:
- The user has the right to use all Services available in accordance with the Terms of this Agreement.
- The user has the right to delete their account at any time provided they have no pending actions and/or obligations and in accordance with the Terms in this Agreement.
- The user has the right to link and unlink their bank accounts, credit cards, e-wallets at any time without Sanam being responsible for any loss of data and/or any damage occurring as a result of the user action.
- User Obligations:
- The user is obligated to provide complete, up-to-date, and accurate information.
- The user is obligated to provide all requested information that allows Sanam to create a safe, beneficial, and enjoyable user experience.
- The user is obligated to inform Sanam immediately about any unauthorized use or activity occurring at their accounts and/or any breaches to the Terms.
- The user is obligated to be responsive and active with any further requests by Sanam team should a need arises.
- The user is obligated to stop using the Service as soon as the user becomes unqualified and/or unable to enter into legally binding agreements and/or their account is being temporarily or permanently inactivated/suspended.
- The user is obligated to obey the laws, policies, and regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The user is obligated not to breach the rights of others and/or the Terms of this Agreement.
- The user is obligated to respect and secure our intellectual property rights.
- You are not allowed to use the Service, or use, post or transmit any Content (defined above) to or within the Service in a manner that, either intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, good industry practice or any copyright or other right of a third party. Without limiting the foregoing, each of the practices specified here is considered a violation of these Terms of Service and grounds for termination of your Account/Subscription.
- You may not access or use Sanam for any purpose other than that for which we make the Service available. Sanam’s Services should not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
- As a user of the Service, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from Sanam to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- use Sanam as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use Sanam and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial purposes.
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service.
- attempt to bypass any measures of Sanam designed to prevent or restrict access to the Service, or any portion of the Service.
- General Responsibilities and Rights:
- Sanam is not responsible for any losses, damages, problems occurring as a result of compelling circumstances and/or events that are out of our control including, but not limited to:
- Natural disasters
- Actions, procedures, policy change, and/or orders issued by regulators, authorities, courts, and/or government entities in Saudi Arabia.
- Procedures, updates, and/or changes happening with our Service Providers.
- Protests and/or labor strikes
- Unforeseen accidents, electricity outage, connection breakdown, and/or broken communications with our Service Providers.
- Political and economic ups-and-downs, fluctuations and changes including, but not limited to, recessions and boycotts.
- Wars and political conflicts.
- The user holds full responsibility for accessing and using the Service of interest.
- The user is responsible for their account privacy and the safety and security of information including their login credentials.
- The user is accountable for the actions and activities in their Sanam Account.
- Sanam offers its Services as they are with no guarantees and/or promises of certain results.
- Sanam does not hold responsibility whatsoever for any misuse of its Services.
- Even though Sanam devotes a great amount of resources and efforts to ensure a safe, beneficial, and enjoyable user experience, Sanam is not responsible for any losses, damages or problems resulting from technical issues/errors, viruses, connection breakdown, and/or logistic-related faults and failures.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, and/or remove the contents on Sanam at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without prior notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on Sanam unless specified in the Terms of this Agreement.
- Without causing a financial harm to the user, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Service without prior notice at any time.
- We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
- We cannot guarantee the Service will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Service, website, and/or mobile application, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
- Nothing in these Terms of Service will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Service or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
- Unless otherwise indicated, the Service is Sanam’s proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on Sanam (collectively, the “Content”) and all trademarks and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws of Saudi Arabia.
- The Content and the Marks are provided on Sanam “As Is” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Service, nothing in Sanam’s platforms and media may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purposes, without obtaining a prior written approval from Sanam.
- Provided that you are eligible to use Sanam, you are granted a limited license to access and use the website, mobile application, and other media and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in Sanam, the Content and the Marks.
- You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding Sanam and the Services (“Submissions”) provided to us by you are our sole property and are non-confidential. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and we shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that, any material available on or through Sanam infringes or violates any registered copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification.
- Third-Party Websites and Content:
- Sanam may contain (or you may be sent via other Sanam media) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as merchant deals and offers, articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
- Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through Sanam or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from Sanam, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
- Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave Sanam and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms of Service no longer govern.
- You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from Sanam or relating to any applications you use or install from Sanam.
- Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
- You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
- Account Suspension, Inactivation, and Cancellation:
- Sanam has the right to suspend, inactivate, and/or cancel the user Account at any time should there be a benefit to the public and/or to Sanam, our users, and our Service Providers.
- Terms in this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Service.
- Without limiting any other provision of these Terms, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny access to and use of the Service (including blocking certain IP addresses), to any person for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms or of any applicable law or regulation.
- We may terminate your use or participation in the Service or delete your Account and any content or information that you posted or shared at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion.
- If we terminate or suspend your Account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new Account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
- Liability and Indemnification:
- The user agrees to compensate Sanam and its Service Providers for any damages, losses, and/or financial dues – including all legal costs and expense as well as attorney fees – that result from:
- Unjustifiable or false claims about Sanam and/or its Service Providers
- Any unauthorized or illegal use of the Services
- Breaching any of the Terms in this Agreement
- To the extent permitted by law, Sanam, its executives, employees, agents, affiliates and Service Providers shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary, including but not limited to, losses or damages for loss of profits, goodwill, business, opportunity, data or other intangible losses arising out of or in connection with your use of the Service.
- If you are dissatisfied with Sanam or any content or materials on it, your sole exclusive remedy is
to discontinue your use of it. Further, you agree that:
- any unauthorized use of Sanam and/or its Services as a result of your negligent act or omission would result in irreparable injury to Sanam; and
- Sanam shall treat any such unauthorized use as subject to the Terms in this Agreement.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Sanam and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents and Service Providers harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), howsoever suffered or incurred due to or arising out of your breach of this Terms of Service, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Amendments and Updates:
- We, Sanam, reserve the irrevocable right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to this Terms of Service Agreement at any time and for any reason.
- We may alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms of Service, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of such a change.
- Any update to the Terms of Service will go into effect as soon as it is published on Sanam and/or otherwise indicated by Sanam.
- Notification of Breach:
- While we do our best to ensure that the Terms of this Agreement are followed and not breached by us and our users, mistakes and errors can happen. Thus, we encourage the user to notify us of any breach to these Terms and/or provides us with notes about them so that we take a suitable action.
- Complaint Submission and Processing:
- We care about our user experience and take user complaints seriously. The user is encouraged to share their discontentment and dissatisfaction of any Service provided by Sanam at any time.
- The user can submit a complaint through any of the following methods:
- Once a complaint is received, Sanam team will immediately start processing it and address it within a reasonable period of time.
- Governing Law:
- Whoever chooses to access Sanam and uses its Services from other locations, it would be on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- This Terms of Service Agreement is governed by, and construed in accordance with, Saudi Arabian law. This clause will survive any expiry or cancellation of this Terms of Service Agreement for any reason, Saudi Arabian courts shall have the jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of the Agreement.
- The Service is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Service will be at your sole risk to the fullest extent permitted by law. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Service and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose.
- We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Service or the content of our website or any websites linked to Sanam and we will assume no liability or responsibility for:
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials;
- any financial loss, poor management of finances, or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through Sanam by any third party; and/or
- any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via Sanam.
- We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party or Service Provider through Sanam, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services.
- As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
- The information provided on Sanam is not intended for distribution or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country, where such distribution or use would be contrary to any laws or regulations or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
- Contact Us:
We welcome your inquiries and feedback on Sanam. For further information about Sanam, the use of our Service, and/or submitting a complaint or suggestion to Sanam, please use any of the communication methods below:
Email: [email protected]
“Contact Us” page on our website.
Address: Riyadh, Abdulrahman bin Ali Alshaikh St, Alsulimanyah dist. Riyadh 11432,